Freshly mixed – Freshlyground goes live on MXit
Issued by: MXit
Instant messaging service MXit will offer South Africans an opportunity to chat directly with members of MTV European Awards favourite Freshlyground, in two 45 minute sessions on Tuesday 30th October at 4pm.
Archive for October, 2007
MXit is available in many languages since Version 5.2!
- Afrikaans – South African language.
- German (Dutch/Deutsch)
- Spanish (Español)
- French (Français)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Portuguese (Português, Brazilian and European)
- Xhosa (isiXhosa) – South African african language
- Zulu (isiZulu) – South African african language
This will help if someone isn’t familiar with English language words on their mobile and are struggling to get MXit to chat with!
Afrikaans, Zulu and Xhosa are three other official languages spoken in South Africa, the country of creation of MXit.
I agree with the statements that the market for Xhosa and Zulu speakers is quite big in South Africa, as I experience a lot of feedback on my mobile wap site (wap.defza.com) from native South African language speakers! And it’s quite an exciting new market.
Check out this for a quick language primer 😉
At a time when MXit has reached 5.4 million users, there’s still much more potential left in the company from South Africa. At a solid 10-12K new registrations per day.
Visit www.mxit.com/wap to get MXit in your language now!
MXit version 5.3 is coming soon to a phone near you 😉
What’s new in V5.3?
- MultiMX (pronounced Multi Mix) – is MXit’s new group chatroom!
So you can invite your contacts to join you in a private Group Chat for free!
Some info on MultiMX
1. The room is temporary (gets deleted after you logout)
2. Can only invite people from your contact list (roster) that are online.
3. Only the creator of the room can invite people to join.
All phones can join in a MultiMx chat session! (but just a few can’t create/invite)
Read the rest of this entry »