MXit version 5.3 is coming soon to a phone near you 😉
What’s new in V5.3?
- MultiMX (pronounced Multi Mix) – is MXit’s new group chatroom!
So you can invite your contacts to join you in a private Group Chat for free!
Some info on MultiMX
1. The room is temporary (gets deleted after you logout)
2. Can only invite people from your contact list (roster) that are online.
3. Only the creator of the room can invite people to join.
All phones can join in a MultiMx chat session! (but just a few can’t create/invite)
Group broadcast (multi send)
This has been free since MXit V5.2.
In other words, are you tired of typing the same thing to all your contacts? MXit allows you to send the same message to everyone in a “group” in MXit. (Menu -> Contacts -> Add/Move to group)
Here’s what groups look like in MXit – groups really help to organize your contacts:
(TIP: Your most popular/spoken to contact can be left groupless so that it’s always on top)
So you choose the group name and press Group–Broadcast Write and it will send the message to up to 10 contacts in that group!
Basically if you want to chat to more than one of your contacts/friends at a time and you can all talk together at the same time and see what everyone is saying (chat room like), MultiMX will help!
It is aimed at being a quick, spur of the moment conversation between a couple of people.
– If you log out or deletes the contact, that counts as leaving the MultiMx.
– Google Talk or MSN Messenger contacts cannot be part of a MultiMx yet, this feature will still be added.
Also, check out “Tradepost” on MXit for more chat rooms where you can chat to more than just your friends list! Tradepost chat rooms work on any phone and you can invite anyone to join your chats!
MXit V 5.3 will also have some new bug fixes!